Saturday, March 4, 2023
Sunday, March 5, 2023
1. Round Robin
2. 7 Point Tiebreaker – First team to earn seven points with a two point advantage when the game count is 6-6, wins the Tiebreaker and the Set.
1. No Ad Scoring
In a no-ad match, players win a game the same way you would normally, except when the game goes to Deuce. When the game score is Deuce (40-40) in no-ad scoring, the player who wins the next point wins the game. This is also referred to as a deciding point.
Tennis Registration Cutoff:
1. Tuesday 2/28/23
Tennis Draw Posting:
2023 Pickleball Schedule
Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center (27161 Nogal, Mission Viejo)
Meals Served 11:30 am – 8:00 pm Daily.
Saturday March 4 / 8 am Check-in / 8:30 am start:
Saturday March 4 / 12:30 pm Check-in / 1 pm start:
Saturday March 4 / 4 pm Check-in / 4:30 pm start:
Sunday March 5 / 8 am Check-in / 8:30 am start:
Sunday March 5 / 12:30 pm Check-in / 1 pm start:
Sunday March 5 / 4 pm Check-in / 4:30 pm start:
We will be Closing the Pickleball Registration at the End of Day on Tuesday, February 21, 2023. This will allow us to organize the DRAW and Post the DRAW by Friday, February 24, 2023.
1. Men’s / Women’s / Mixed Matches: Set partner/team round-robin within the bracket with a 3-game guarantee. (20 min time limit on matches – warnings will be called at 15 minutes and 18 minutes into match play). 10 min break between matches will be allotted to turn in scores and switch courts.
2. Scoring: All games are First to 11, win by 2, or team with the most points at the time marker. WINS are prioritized over POINTS. Points will be used as a secondary scoring measure when teams have equal number of wins. If WINS and POINTS are equal, points scored AGAINST your team will determine standings.
3. Two (2) min. warning: will be announced before the end of each time. Each side may call only one, 1 minute break during the 20 minute play period. No breaks after the 2 minute time has been called.
4. Tied at the Time Marker: If teams are tied and time is called, play the point out. Whoever either successfully ends the rally (either returns the ball and the other team misses the shot, or if the other team hits the ball out or steps in the kitchen, etc.), would takes the match and the win even if they were not the serving team.
Write actual score on score sheets:
a. Example, the Final score for the match was 11-8:
i. Team 1 = 11 points
ii. Team 2 = 8 points
b. Example, the final score for the match was 15-13 (win by 2)
i. Team 1= 15 points
ii. Team 2 = 13 points
c. Example, the final score for the match was 8-7 (This game was called for time)
i. Team 1 = 8 points
ii. Team 2 = 7 points